Monday 15 June 2015

MY 100TH POST:

 MY 100TH POST:
Today I post my 100th post,I dedicate it to my family
shown in the two pictures:
It is a poem I wrote for my second book
Written From The Heart
Picture above: myself eldest son and daughter:
Below:Youngest son and daughter-in- law in Spain

THAT'S ALL I ASK OF YOU:

I don't care for riches, diamonds, silver or gold.
Or to reside in a palace as they're often very cold.
You see my life's requirements are very, very few.
Just think of me once in a while that's all I ask of you.

I don't need a flash car to get me from here to there,
I can use shank's ponies to get me some fresh air.
I love to smell the flowers that herlad the coming of spring,
All I ask of you is sometimes just give me a ring.

I don't need servants to be at my beck and call.
The mundane task around the house I will do them all.
I'll clean the carpets thoroughly and the windows too.
Please pay me a visit one day that's all I ask of you.

I don't take life or things for granted.....not any more.
Life is for living of that I'm very sure.
Count your blessings daily, I'm sure you've quite a few.
Wear a smile upon your face, that's all I ask of you.

Be motivated your goals to achieve
Don't be down in the mouth and wear your heart on your sleeve.
Hold your head up high and to yourwself be true.
That my dear three offsprings is all I ask of you.

Please don't hold grudges as you travel along life's way.
One never know if you require help on some future day.
Treat others as you wish to be treated too,
Let sunshine into your life, that's all I ask of you.

Finally comes respect and love:
That comes with the experience of life.
From the moment of birth until you become a husband or wife.
Let your own children learn these things all their live;s through.
To respect and love their parents, that's all I ask of you.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your milestone!
    Great work.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Heather, I do appreciate your support.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Not much to ask for! Can be given through a click of the mouse or the old fashioned way - a phone call. Well penned Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and comment Hank. I do appreciate it.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet, sweet post. You are so gifted, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Beverly, I just write what happens in my life and my principles of life.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete