Wednesday 10 June 2015

TO-DAYS VISITORS:

TO-DAYS VISITORS:
(By a self confessed coward)

To-day I had three visitors
All with the same name.
Their name was called "Dracula"
Taking blood was their game.
Why three people had to arrive,
I could only hazzard a guess.
One doing the dastardly deed,
Two to hold me down at their best?.
 
Actually two were student nurses,
One felt confident my blood to take,
But I replied "No Way"
Being a coward a scene I would make.
 
The qualified nurse did the job.
I'm thankful to say.
Now I have to wait for the results,
In a couple of days,
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 10//06/2015:
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I hate having my blood taken. I don't do well with needles. (And I had to block out that photo.)
    Is this in relation to the new medicine you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think you being afraid of needles Alex,
      Thanks for the comment.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! Glad you are back! Missed you. Couldn't leave a comment on the last post. Not a member I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gregg thanks for coming by, great to be back.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Have known muscular hunks cringe in fear at the sight of the needle. You've fared much better, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not everyone's cupn of tea I agree Hank.
      Thanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Amen to that Diane,
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I hope I'm allowed to comment this time. Here's hoping your blood test results are positive. I'm so used to having blood tests that I actually watch the nurse do it.

    Hugs,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry aboout you not being to comment, but I shut down for a while.
      Thanks for this comment, much appreciated, hope all is well with you.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Luckily, I am pretty tough in this department. Well partially, I don't look at the needles or them going in. I have let new do it. Only one person made it quite painful, and she was a trained nurse. Thankfully, she is gone from the doctor's office I've visited.

    Anyway, Cheers to good results or good medicine for bad results. Hey, I've gotten that old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann for your comment, pleased some people are brave with needles.
      Yvonne.

      Delete