Sunday 14 February 2016

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR:

THE MIDNIGHT HOUR:
It is three minutes past midnught
Here in the UK.
I went to bed at ten,
Tossed and turned and am back up again.
 
As usual it is raining outside,
Also blowing a gale.
So decided to write to you,
A pleasure which never fails.
 
What do you do when   you can't sleep?
Stay in bed until sleep arrives?
Or get up and do something
Which will bring tiredness to your eyes.
 
I hope you all had a good Sunday,
Of course it was Valentine's Day too.
Did you get flowers and chocolates from your loved one,
Or a day out to admore the view.
 
Well I am now going to get a hot drink,
And back to bed I go.
See if sleep will come to me,
As my head touches the pillow.
 
Goodnight Everyone.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 15/02/2016

8 comments:

  1. I hate those tossing and turning nights. But you turned yours into a poem, so good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your most welcomed comment Lee. yes, I suppose I can turn most situations into a poem.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I hate nights when I can't sleep. I usually lie there and try to relax. If that doesn't work I might get up and drink some water. But this usually wakes the cats and then they want to play, so it's best just to stay in bed. Sometimes I'll read a bit. Hope you sleep good tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, if I can't sleep I always try to finish my comments on line, otherwise I tend to worry over issues in my life.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Nice! I hope you slept well once you went back to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep is therapeutic so it is can be relied upon health-wise. Knock off all the stress and take it as a friend. It'll work, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleep is very important, but if one can't sleep it's better to get up and do something than lie in bed thinking about your worries in life. Thanks for your visit Hank/

      Yvonne.

      Delete