Tuesday 24 May 2016

WHAT TUESDAY MEANS TO ME:

WHAT TUESDAY MEANS TO ME:
 
As this poem I do write,
I should have been boaring a plane.
Taking me across the sea,
To arrive in Sunny Spain.
 
I was to visit my son
Who resides in that country.
But last Friday he dropped a bombshell,
And this is what he said to me.
 
"Until your medication is sorted,
Both Kelly and I agree.
That it's best you remain at home,
Because of your Epilepsy."
 
With bags almost packed,
And passprt and plane tickets secure.
I felt if my world had fallen aprt,
Feeling somewhat sore.
 
I know he was talking common sense,
But all the same nevertheless.
Once again I feel let down,
My plans all in a mess.
 
I will today carry on,
With my life, head held up high,
But feel a hint of sadness,
As the plnes fly in the sky.
 
I hope your Tuesday will be happy,
With the plans that you have made.
I may feel sad at times,
That my holiday has been delayed.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 24/05/2016:.
 

14 comments:

  1. Get on your doctor about your medication so you can go soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an appointment at the hospital in June, they brought it forward after my complaining. Thanks Alex for comment.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you don't get to go see your son this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too Diane but there will be another time.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Plans can always go astray, but can be restored one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Pat, thanks for comment.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Aww, that's a shame Yvonne, I hope you can get your medication sorted out soon and it won't be long before you make that trip to Spain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tigermouse for your comment. I do so appreciate it.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. A holiday delayed is to allow it to be taken at a later date. So, it is just a slight distraction which is to be done later. Not a problem right now, Yvonne! Hoping you'll get to see them later!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very wise Hank, thanks for these wonderful words.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry. I hope your medication gets squared away soon so you can hop that plane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, once today is over I shall be ok. Tomorrow is another day.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry your plans were cancelled. I think I know how much you were looking forward to that trip. Irene and I have cancelled our vacation to Illinois twice this year. From May to June to now July. Hope things work out and you get to Spain soon!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi human, Yvonne,

    Oh I do so hope you get your medication sorted. Then, at a later time, you may well have an even better holiday time in Spain with your son.

    In peace and pawsitivity,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete