Monday 16 January 2017

WHEN THE ALARM CLOCK FAILS:

 WHAT OCCURS WHEN THE ALARM CLOCK FAILS:
I set my alarm clock Saturday night,
As yesterday had a busy day.
Well the alarm clock failed to awaken me.
And the price I am going to pay.

You see I was travelling to Spain
To dogsit for my son.
I was really looking forward to it.
Thinking of all the fun.

When I did awaken yesterday,
It was way past take off time.
I immediately sent a text message to my son.
........Well lets say things are not at all fine.

He has blocked me 
From getting through on the phone.
No more HE dosen't want me.
Now I'm totally alone.

He is off to Mexico tomorrow.
Perhaps he'll have a change of heart.
But I very much doubt it.
On my own will have to make a fresh start.

I don't really blame him,
After all is done and said.
I should have ensured the alarm clock .
Was set properly before retiring to bed.


Tearfully I unpacked my suitcase,
To the depths of despair I have gone.
I have only myself to blame
Why I have lost my son John.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis: 16/01/2017

22 comments:

  1. That sucks indeed that the clock didn't go off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was probably my fault Pat. Thanks for caring.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry! You couldn't catch another flight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your concern Alex, another flight from my airport would have been too late as it's winter schedule.
      John travels to Mexico tomorrow.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A change of heart is in order. Play it cool with lots of patience, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Hank, will heed what you say.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear this, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your son will have a change of heart. It seems an extreme reaction for an honest mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan for your kind words.
      I thought John was different from his brother and sister,
      Guess I was wrong.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Total bummer that this happened

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is as you say a total bummer. Thanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. We all have those kinds of things happen. If not, we're not human. Your son will come around after he has time to understand you didn't do it on purpose, he had his trip, the dog had care--even if it wasn't what he'd planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact is Lee I was lookng forward to getting away after a few years of "Personal Hell".
      Many thanks for coming by, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. What an awful thing to happen Yvonne. I can imagine your son being very annoyed as he would have to make alternative arrangements for his dog on the last minute, so he's blocked you on the phone just in the heat of the moment. Give him some time then try to contact him again - write if necessary - and hopefully he'll have had a change of heart. I really hope it works out for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tigermouse for your lovely comment. I hope you're right about him coming round.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. This breaks my heart. This wasn't your fault at all. I truly hope he has a change of heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so agree with you Chrys, Thanks for your support.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. Oops. Sorry about that. Instead of playing the Blame Game. focus om Where Do We Go From Here. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Martin have to pick up the pieces and think "What Now?"

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  11. Oh, Yvonne, I hate that this happened. When your son has time to think about it, he'll realize that stuff happens and we forgive and forget. I pray it all works out for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for your kind words. John my son is not the one to bear grudges so hopefully in his time in Mexico he may think things over.

      Yvonne.

      Delete