Thursday 15 June 2017

WOODEN HEART:

WOODEN HEART:
I was brought up to have
A heart so kind and true.
To treat others,
As you would want them to treat you.
 
This I've always remembered,
These words my dear mother said.
As I've travelled through life's journey,
A kind and a happy life I've led.
 
However there are others,
Who can hurt beyond compare.
Ones who can break your heart,
With words and deeds of despair.
 
I don't have a wooden heart,
After is all is said and done.
All I want is a happy, peaceful life,
And above all have some fun.
 
From the book "Stand Beside Me Danny Boy
Copyright and all rights reserved.
Yvonne Lewis 2016:
 

10 comments:

  1. Some sure can go all wood in their hood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pat there are many around here like that.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. A wooden heart is a sad thing to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent poem and so true

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is how we overwhelm "them". With joy and fun. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete