Monday 17 July 2017

IT'S A SUNDAY EVENING:

I was in a whistful mood
like the cat above:
I wrote this to my UK son.


              IT'S A SUNDAY EVENING:
It's a sunday evening,
The sun's about to set.
It's been nearly eight years(come Christmas)
Since we last met.

Much water has flowed beneath the bridge,
Since that Christmas Eve.
Alot of it not good,
I know that you will believe.

With tenacity and hope,
Things can change for the better.
For instance, speaking on the phone,
Instead of an email letter.

Then of course in due time,
Perhaps we could meet.
We've both changed in appearance I presume,
I'm an elderly lady now says I with defeat.

Please reply to my messages,
That's all I ask of you.
Don't leave me out of the family,
Whatever I did wrong I've paid through and through.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 16/07/2017)

* I don't know to this day why he hasn't spoken*.

14 comments:

  1. I hope that the two of you can take steps to mend the hurt and move forward. Life is too short and the only thing that really matters in life are the people we love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my doubts Alex as he since told me of his surgery has not been answering any the of the emails. Plus the grandchildren have stopped texting me. Still one must live in HOPE.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Big shame all around and many regrets could ensue. Folks are stubborn and that can be sad. Hope things thaw sometime soon. Your poem is very good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a shame but he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. ....but I still love him arts and all.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the first step can be taken and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hopefully" is the operative word Pat. Thanks.

      Yvonne..

      Delete
  4. I hope you hear back from your son and see him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrys, but I won't hold my breath.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. It's so sad. I hope you hear from him soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I want is a phone call at present that would be a start.
      An email is something anyone can write.
      Thanks for your kind words Susan.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. This is quite moving. I pray comfort and answers will find you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martin. I hope your prayers will be answered.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I think he should let you know what the problem is. Then you could work together to solve it. Praying for understanding and a renewal of your love for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree Beverly, but he wont. Thanks for your words of wisdom they are greatly appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete