Thursday 27 July 2017

POEM FOR THURRSDAY: HELLO DARLIN:

POEM FOR THURSDAY "HELLO DARLIN"
From my last book "Stand Beside Me Danny Boy"
photo taken at Nashville TN:


HELLO DARLIN.
This song has wonderful memories for me,
In Ireland's beautiful Kilarney.
My friend and I went to a concert there,
The star of course was DOD.

Earlier that day I'd recieved some sad news
Back from my home city in the UK.
It upset me greatly at the time,
That's all I can really say.

During the concert.....a concert so good.
Daniel announced about his next song.
It's especially for someone in the audience,
Whose name of course is Yvonne.

The opening words "Hello Darlin,
Made me flush with delight.
Daniels dedication made me feel better,
Troubles for a few minutes out of sight.

I enjoyed the song so much,
When I bought a new mobile phone.
I have this song "Hello Darlin"
As my special ring tone.,

Copyright All Rights Reserved
Yvonne Lewis 2016:


6 comments:

  1. I bet you were thrilled when your name was mentioned at the concert. The song is lovely, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Tigermouse, great memories to recall.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Nice to have a ringtone that's yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful song. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete