Sunday 20 August 2017

FLOWERS ON A SUNDAY:.......

This is a true account of when 
I resided in N. Ireland:
This is my 600th poem on this blog: 
FLOWERS ON A SUNDAY:
It was in depth of winter,
Black ice on the ground.
I had to go to the shops,
Not a soul was around.

I pulled my scarf around my neck,
To keep the coldness out.
Gloves on my hands,
Golly, this is what winter is all about.

I gingerly walked down the lane,
A song going through my head.
It was a happy song.
I'd been singing since getting out of bed.

It was then that I saw it.
I could hardly believe my eyes.
It brightened up a winter's day,
Oh! what a lovely surpise.

There in all it's beauty,
Was some golden daffodills.
Blooming in a window box,
On someone's window sill.

I stood there in the coldness.
I just wanted to stay.
I surveyed the miracle,
Those flowers on a Sunday.

From my 4th book
"STAND BESIDE ME DANNY BOY:"
Copyright all rights reserved 
Yvonne Lewis 2016

14 comments:

  1. Just taking in the sight as the flowers take flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every flower feels like a miracle to me!

    Great to be back here reading this mood-lifter! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you again Nilanjana, thanks for a great comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A little spring cheer to take away the bite of winter.

    Congrats on 600 poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Diane for comment and congrats.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of a place my dad used to live. He had this little courtyard sort of deal that was walled in with nothing but jasmine and honeysuckle. It was so pretty and the smell is so unique and nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robert for your most refreshing comment.
      Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. What a marvelous delight. Thank you for bringing back this moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers bring beauty to the world and to our lives. What a lovely memory. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beverly Flowers are certainly a blessing.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete