Thursday 21 September 2017

STARRY, STARRY NIGHT:

STARRY, STARRY NIGHT:
As I looked out of my window,
At the dark ebony starry sky.
One word blew on the breeze,
That one word was "Why?"

Why do things happen in our lives,
Whether good or bad.
Things that make us happy,
Equally things that make us sad.

I appreciate as the adage do say,
"Life is what you make it" 
But fate I do believe in,
Should one be a failure or a hit.

Positivity is the answer I'm sure.
As I continued my nightime look enchanced,
Then the moon came into view.
I gave it a second glance.

You see before I drew the curtains
As into my bed I did sink.
I'm positive the "Man in the moon"
Gave me a comforting wink.

Copyright  Yvonne Lewis 21/09/2017:
 .

16 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your poem. Positivity is a plus in one's life! And fate is with us every step we take! I used to wink at my girlfriend, which symbolised 'I love you'. I learn't a new word 'adage', I like learning new words! You are a good poet, I liked your rhymes. Well done. Glad you are flowing! Have a nice week - nearly the weekend! Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew for your wonderful comment. Yes, nearly week-end. The weeks speed by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. You are welcome. The years fly by, I'm fifty next year!

      Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

      Delete
    3. You're just a youngster Andrew.....lol.
      Enjoy each year as it comes.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. A little wink can make a day, especially when coming from the moon's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, what a sweet story. The man in the moon knows how lovely you are. Yes, sometimes I ask why, then remind myself that God is in control and watches over us. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, I suppose there is always a reason for how things turn out.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Very fun poem. A wink and a nod to your skill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Joanne to your very good comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. What a positively delightful ending to your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm positive the "Man in the moon"
    Gave me a comforting wink.

    The Man in the moon is always there! How it stands guard towards our safety and contributes to our happiness. And you, Yvonne had rightly acknowledged their help which many others missed!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete