Friday 1 September 2017

WELCOME SEPTEMBER:

WELCOME SEPTEMBER:
As we herald September,
It's goodbye summer hello fall.
With all sincerity ,
I wish you a happy month one and all.

We say goodbye to some of the birds,
Off to sunnier climates go they.
Flying in their multitudes,
As they go on their way.

I wish the pigeons would go,
As they persistently leave calling cards.
They nest up in the rafters ,
Cleaning after them is extremly hard.

As I write Bournemouth has it's
Annual air display.
The famous "Red Arrows"does a fly past,
Each and every day.

Children returning back to school,
I've just realised.
My youngest grandchild left school last term,
My, they've grown up before my very eyes.

Whatever your September brings,
Face it with a grin.
One can't worry about what may never happen,
So let the autumn sunshine in.


HAPPY SEPTEMBER:

YVONNE;

20 comments:

  1. Hopefully it will be a good month for all with no heat waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Pat, hope it will be a good month also.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe it's September. The last 3 weeks of August just flew by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Diane don't the weeks just fly away.
      Many thanks for your visit.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the children do grow up fast. Sorry about the birds. That isn't very nice of them. I'm learning more each day about grinning and not worrying about what may or may not happen. I think of the birds in the sky that don't worry about what to eat or shelter. They trust in the Lord, and so do I.
    Have a restful weekend, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September! Today marks 28th wedding anniversary for Ray and me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats to you both.....Have a wonderful day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the warn autumn wishes. May September sweeten the smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a lovely way with words Martin. Thank you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Lovely, Yvonne! I hope you're having a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra much appreciate your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Hi human, Yvonne,

    Here's hoping that September and the last remnants of summer, bring you much joy, my lovely human friend.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny 🐶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny, thanks for the comment, take care and best wishes to Gary.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. The Autumn sunshine as opposed to summer's is awaited for certainly, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the seasons. It's nice to have differences! I've got my winter woolies for my treks. A nice poem. Well done.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew, good of you to come by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. Yesterday I tried to leave a comment here but got a message that only members to your blog could leave comments. Now that I see someone else's comment went through I'll try again.

    Hope all is well.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee for your comment, things could be better but it will take time.

      Yvonne.

      Delete