Tuesday 17 October 2017

A MOST WEIRD DAY:

A MOST WEIRD DAY:
The start of the week yesterday,
Started weird without a shadow of a doubt.
Please continue to read,
I'll tell you what it was all about.
 
First, our area had an electricity failure,
Emergency lights lit where I do dwell.
Couldn't  use my pc and such,
So caught up with some reading I will tell.
 
In time the electricity returned,
We knew that a hurricane was to hit the UK.
In "Northern Ireland"
A place I once resided I may say.
 
The gentle breeze got stronger,
The lightness of day got dim.
I began to feel uneasy.
So unsure and uncertain.
 
The next scene was like out of a sci fi film,
The once yellow sun turned red.
The sky was completley orange,
As I held my aching head.
 
It remained like that for a few hours,
Was this the "End Of The World?"
As I stood looking out of the window.
Mesmorised by the scene as it unfurled.
 
Well alls well that ends well.
The outside world returned.
The force of the hurricane escaped us.
But a lesson from it I learned.
 
Live for the present,
Forget the worries of yesterday.
Be thankful you're alive.
Is what I would like to say.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 17/10/2017
 
 

 

16 comments:

  1. Glad it didn't hit you hard. Hurricanes are never fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't get that many here Alex but it certainly was a strange sort of day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful read and thanks for the reminder to always be thankful. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Blogaratti for your lovely comment, always appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Sounds both majestic and terrifying. Glad it didn't hit you.
    Well written:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sandra, I was somewhat scared at the time but as I said it didn't hit where I live.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good that most of it went on by and houses didn't start to fly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well written piece that I enjoyed reading. Here in Chester we had strong winds through the evening and night! The sun seemed surreal, I wondered why, so I put on Sky, to try and discover the cause! Apparently it was caused by dust blown up into the sky from the Sahara. Sorry you had a power-cut and a sore head! I mostly live for today! Blessings to you Yvonne.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew for your most welcomed comment and for explaining why we had a red sun. Most interesting to know.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Electricity failures are a pain. I had no idea a hurricane was about to hit Ireland...and I didn't know you once lived there. I dream of going to Ireland. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrys, yes I lived in the North of Ireland for a while but used to travel to the South often to see my Danny Boy in concert and to see where he was born. The hurricane hit Ireland quite badly also Wales, feel sorry for all concerned.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. Great word craft on the last stanza, Yvonne. Just expect the best and do just as well thereafter!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Hank for your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. nice You were ok ! electricity failures are a mess ! take care !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete