Thursday 19 October 2017

BLAST FROM THE PAST: DON'T DESPAIR:

I am taking a leaf out of my own book
about life:
BLAST FROM THE PAST:
DON'T DESPAIR:
 
She was a sad and lonely person.
Confidence gone astray.
Life looked hard and bleak,
Her man had gone away.
 
She lived on auto pilot.
Each day was a battle to bear.
Her shoulders felt so heavy,
With worries and so many cares.
 
This went on for quite a while.
Friends gone by the wayside.
She knew life had to change,
That no  more could she hide.
 
Books and CDs was that change,
Written by a man named Paul.
Music came back into her life,
In the shape of Daniel O Donnell.
 
Slowly her confidence returned.
A smile returned to her face.
She had accepted what life had dealt her
Once more belonging to the human race.
 
There was a light at the end of a long tunnel.
A light so very bright.
She looked at things more positively,
The world looked a wonderful sight.
 
I know this happens to be true,
That person of course was me.
Who'd had thought years later,
I'd visit Nashville Tennessee.
 
So with tenacity and faith.
Let life be a joy each day.
We all have but one life to live.
So enjoy it come what may.
 
(I will have to practice what I preach )
 
Copyright All Rights Reserved: Yvonne Lewis 2014
From the book
"MOMENTS OF MY LIFE"

12 comments:

  1. Yes, you need to hang on to that optimism and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Yvonne. This is quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. Very much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. We all have but one life to live.
    So enjoy it come what may

    This is so very true. It worked for everybody so make the best of it!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings Yvonne. A pleasant poetic piece that I enjoyed reading. Well written with good rhymes. Glad you have your music to bring you peace! I too like to listen to music. I like Irish music, but haven't heard much of Danial O'Donnell! I do know he's been going for a number of years, so well done to him! Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you as always Andrew, ,uch appreciated. I got to see Daniel after my husband passed away. Liked his music so went to a concert. he was so kind, I have followed him to many place US. included.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good poem to post on your fridge. Keep looking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a good idea Joanne, thanks for the visit.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Sure need to enjoy and hang on for a new dawn

    ReplyDelete