Friday 10 November 2017

BIRTHDAY MEMORIES

 BIRTHDAY MEMORIES:
Today I remember 2 important
men who were in my life.
both with the same birthdate:
--------
MY DAD:
Although I did not know you,
You left this world when I was three,
I could not let the day pass,
Without remembering your birthday.

I missed so much you see,
Not having you in my life.
 You wasn't there on important days,
Like when I became a wife.

Another tenth of November,
My tears I will hide.
I will recall the things mum told me,
And remember you with pride.

MY HUSBAND:


Another birthday you're not here,
My how the years pass by.
I recall the happiness we shared,
No tears today I will cry.
 
We had thirty five wonderful years together,
A great husband and a dad.
Fond memories like the photo above.
Of the times we had.
 
Happy Birthday memories dear.
On this special day.
I can't send you a card.
But my love will always stay.
 
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 10/11/2017:
 
 

20 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. Sorry for your losses. A special day to remember! I see your Father was in the forces - did he die in action? Blessings to you. Enjoy your day.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you as always Andrew for your kind words.
      No, my father didn't die in action but suffered a heart attack.
      Enjoy your day.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. So touching and so beautiful, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must be hard to have both birthdays on the same day. I know how you feel though. My sister's birthday would have been November 28th and my husband's on November 30th. I was with him for 31 years before he died so can totally relate to the feelings of sadness in not being able to share another birthday with him. This will be my 4th year without my husband. Hope you get through your day okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is hard Natalia but one copes as you may well know.

      Enjoy your weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Two special men with a shared birthday - a wonderful tribute to both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex.....have a great weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Great memories remain even when they are no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely memories, Yvonne. Your dad and husband would be so proud of you and are still with you in spirit. Thanks for sharing your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for a most uplifting comment, much appreciated.

      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. A lovely tribute. It is always hard to lose those dear to us, especially when a child ourselves. I was 15 when I lost my dad and I don't think a day goes by when I don't think about him in some small way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne for your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. Dear Yvonne,

    Such a thoughtful, poignant, heartfelt accolade to your dad and your husband who shared a birthday.

    Thank you for this and a most pleasant weekend to you, my nice friend.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary for your lovely words. I do appreciate it.
      Hope all is well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely tribute to two wonderful men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Sandra yes, two wonderful men.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  10. good salute to your dad and your husband. Nice pics and words. I'm sure in some weird way they know how you feel these days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Joanne with your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete