Tuesday 5 December 2017

FIRST STEP:

Yesterday I wrote about getting back on track
here is the result:
FIRST STEP:
Yesterday I hope was a milestone
In my life.
I desperately need to get on track,
Ending a bad spell of tears and strife.

I DID get to the hairdressers,
had it cut, coloured and styled.
Felt and looked a different woman
As I arrived home happy but tired.

During the evening,
In the mrror I did see.
I swore the mirror had a smile,
Believe it or not the smile came from me.

One can't control the advancing years,
But one can certainly hide the hair of grey.
I'm feeling better already.
Is what I'd like to say.

There are some other things 
I want to achieve.
But am taking things slowly is the best policy
That I must believe.

Already feeling more positive,
Today I've laundry to do.
That will take some considerable time,
Times sitting down will be few.

The only thing I feel concerned about,
Is the health issues of my son.
I can't seem to get away from those,
But there again I'm his mum.

I recall some advice I read
In a book by Paul.
"Dont Worry About Things That may not Happen
Or Things one Can't Control"

With this in mind I'll look forward,
To future happy days.
As already mentioned I'll take this slowly,
Acting in haste never pays.

Yvonne Lewis 05/12/2017

12 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. Glad you new hair-do has brought you some happiness. We can't help but worry about our children when their health is not so good! You are a good mother. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Andrew for your lovely comment. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. We have to work at that feeling good and realize to let go of the things out of our control. Which is most of life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Alex but I still have concerns for my son......I'm his mum.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. a fresh look and outlook - you are taking big first steps. Good job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne for your comment and support.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Things out of our control we sure need to let roll away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat for your comment, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it amazing what a trip to the hairdresser's can do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you Sandra it needed doing, T5hanks for coming by.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. You have some good points here, Yvonne. Believe in yourself, and don't worry about things you can't control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, I try hard to practice what I write but as a mother I can't forget my sons' health issues.

      Yvonne.

      Delete