Sunday 7 January 2018

RELAXING SUNDAY:

RELAXING SUNDAY:
The festivities of Christmas and NewYear now over,
Time to relax again.
Start the year as you mean to continue,
With less heartache and less pain.

I was awake and out at the crack of dawn,
For a most welcomed breath of fresh air.
Although the rain had gone it seems,
It was bitter cold I declare.

It was lovely to get out of my apartment,
Albiet for just a short while.
But all the same I didn't forget
On my face to wear a smile.

With not much chores to do today.
Relaxation is the key word.
Catching up on some reading and blogs.
To me that's not totally absurd.

Have a most relaxing Sunday yourselves.
Whatever the weather and cicumstances may be.
I shall also be thinking of a theme,
For April's A to Z.

Yvonne Lewis 07/01/2018:
 

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well written poetic-piece with good rhymes. Yes, Christmas and New Year have now passed, and time to chill and relax! Glad you got to have your walk, it was frosty here when I went for my walk with Sadie. Glad you are wearing a smile. Enjoy your blogging. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew lovely comment and always good to hear from you.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Relaxing we shall be as tomorrow work comes to be, blah haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are now past the holidays and ready for a new year. And a cold one - it's close to zero degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is cold Alex I agree.....not pleasant.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. cheery Sunday poem. And hope you've relaxed and come up with a good theme. You are way ahead of me. Not sure what I'll do. Had to work Saturday, so this weekend seemed way too short. And now we have some rain. Oh well, January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. still trying to come up with a theme but one will surely come.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I hope you had a nice Sunday. Ours was filled with chores and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cold here too but I did enjoy the fact it was dry at the weekend! Seeing a bit of sunshine always cheers me up. Best wishes for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzanne hope 2018 is a good year for you also.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Today the temperature was in the 50s which was very nice. The cats and I went outside and enjoyed the sunshine. Hope you had a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased it was warmer where you are Beverly. Freezing here.

      Yvonne.

      Delete