Sunday 4 February 2018

HAVE A PEACEFUL SUNDAY:

HAVE A PEACEFUL SUNDAY:
Once again God's day of rest
Has descended on us again.
Take the oppourtunity to relax,
To forget the past week's pain.

A sunny day has been forecast here,
Let's hope for once it's true.
As I prepare to go for a walk.
Taking in our wonderful views.

From a distance I can see "The Needles"
A landmark of "The Isle Of Wight".
The otherside across the sea from Southampton,
It is an awesome sight.

Once my walk is completed,
I shall hopefully have time to relax.
I do have a few chores that need attention.
A most sobering fact.

Once again I repeat,
A Happy Sunday one and all.
May happiness be in abundance.
Because it's Sunday,,,,have a ball

Yvonne Lewis 04 /02 /2018

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A heart-warming poetic-piece that I enjoyed reading. Well written with good rhymes and meter. I hope you get your sun, it's sunny here at the moment - still frosty though! I'm having a relaxing day staying in with Sadie, except for her walks! Glad you have some wonderful views across the ocean for you to enjoy whilst walking. Hope you get your chores done. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew. Hope you have a lovely restful day and also the frost clears.
      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. The cat is playing with a ball, does that work? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. sunny day here and writer friends are due for a visit at 11 am. We'll talk books, do some reads, and eat. Should be a fun Sunday. Then the Superbowl - hope the game is not a blowout. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a funday. Enjoy your friends and the match.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a relaxing day, Yvonne. I have to shovel my driveway, but otherwise should have a good day too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shovel the snow away Natalie? hope your day is fun.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your sunshine and we'll enjoy a little rain and a Super Bowl here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get too wet. Hope the Super Bowl is in your favour.

      Yvonne.

      Delete