Tuesday 6 February 2018

MY MONDAY VISITOR:

MY MONDAY VISITOR:

Yesterday morning I proceeded downstairs,
To put my trash in the bin.
There on the doorstep sat a stray cat.
Waiting it appears to come in.

I deposited my trash,
Then returned to the cat.
Stroked it as it seemed all alone.
Thinking to myself that was that.

It purred so loudly on this frosty morn,
I then had an idea.
I went to my apartment and got some milk.
It lapped it up but remained there still.

I then got some cold  left over meat,
Which it eat so hungrily.
I picked it up to stroke it again.
It put it's paws around me.

This I tell you brought a tear to my eye,
The first sign of affection shown in some time.
Was I so alone in this big world of ours?
As I thought I was doing just fine.

I put the cat down after a while,
Then it went tenaciously on it's way.
I watched as it turned round the corner,
Thinking "Did We Make One Another's Day?"


Copyright Yvonne Lewis 06/ /02 /2018

 
 

16 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well written poetic-piece that I enjoyed reading. Dogs and cats can be a comfort. You are very kind to give the stray some food and milk, to go happily on its way. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day Andrew, many thanks for your most kind comment. Golly it's a cold morning here.
      Enjoy your day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Sure made the cat's day indeed I bet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made mine for a start. Hope the cat comes back.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. aaah. I hope he visits again. No doubt appreciated the milk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Joanne, we;re not allowed pets where I live but I so love animals.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. You just made a buddy! He'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story, Yvonne. You know, God works in mysterious ways. And I believe He brought comfort to you and to the cat. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comfort is what I could do with right now Beverly, Thanks for your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. I bet you have a new friend now. You'll have to update us on the story of your cat. Maybe you'll be keeping each other company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the cat returns I will certainly update. Thanks Sherry.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I bet your little friend will pay another visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so Suzanne. Thanks for your coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely poem. And I do think you have a new friend now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit Christine and your most welcomed comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete