Sunday 4 March 2018

IT'S A WONDERFUL SUNDAY.

IT'S A WONDERFUL SUNDAY:
The snow all gone ,
A little warmer all around.
Although it's raining 
I can tolerate that  I'll be bound.

I do have to go shopping,
Food is running short.
But I haven't been out for three days,
This I have to report.

Oh to get some fresh air.
Albeit getting wet.
It's a wonderful Sunday for me.
I don't think I'll forget.

Tennessee the cat 
Is outside waiting to be fed.
Oh what a wonderful Sunday,
To be up and not in bed.

Hope your Sunday is joyous,
With peace and harmony.
Good health and happiness,
Goes to you from me.

Yvonne Lewis 04/03/ 2018

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely poem. It uplifted my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Carol for reading it and such a lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Up and about sure is the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the snow was short-lived. Now, go do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already accomplished Alex.

      Enjoy your Sunday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. It's a wonderful Sunday. I bet Tennessee enjoyed his treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like you are pretty perky. Hope that continues. I just finished grocery shopping. Now it's raining here, but I'm headed to a local theater show this afternoon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne for your comment, lovely as always.
      Enjoy the theatre this afternoon.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Yay! for a nice day. Hope you enjoyed every moment. And a guest waiting at your door (Tennessee) is a wonderful treat. My day was fine. Church this morning, working on taxes this afternoon, and time outside to enjoy the sunshine, even though it was quite windy. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Beverly, pleased you also had a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun name for a cat! Hope you enjoyed your lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Yvonne. I've had the flu so are behind on a lot of things! A pleasant poetic-piece that I enjoyed reading. Glad you got your shopping done, albeit in the rain. It's been raining on and off here in Chester for a few miserable days! Glad your visitor showed up to see you. Blessings to you. Take good care.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew, hope you are feeling better.

      Yvonne.

      Delete