Friday 20 April 2018

HONESTY:

HONESTY:
Yesterday on returning home,
From a wonderful sunny walk.
My landlord paid me a visit,
Said "He Wanted To Talk".
 
It appears I'd been found out,
About smuggling Tennessee inside.
Someone had spotted me doing so.
Well the truth I told hin ..no lies.
 
I explained how thin the cat was,
How lonely life is for me.
We are good for one another,
Surely that, he could see.
 
His reply was very reassuring,
Said "What A Kind Person was I
But pets were not allowed.
But on this occasion would turn a blind eye."
 
As long as the cat didn't spend
The night inside.
In the moring it would be OK.
Well, my pleasure I couldn't hide.
 
It always pays to be honest,
Mum instilled that in me from early on.
Now I can openly bring in Tennessee.
And "Honstly" enjoy some morning fun.
 
HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL:
 
Yvonne Lewis 20.04/2018:.
 

12 comments:

  1. My heart sank when I read 'your landlord paid you a visit' but it sounds like this one does have a heart and with you being honest things have turned out okay. I'm so glad you can continue bringing Tennessee inside for a while each day and you can now do it without sneaking around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigermouse, yes it is a relief. Enjoy your weekend whether st home or away.

      Yvonne

      Delete
  2. Greetings Yvonne. I'm so sorry you had a scare about Tennessee, but you were open and the Landlord was understanding, which must have been reassuring for you? Enjoy his company. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew. Alls well that ends well.
      Take care and enjoy the day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Great that he will turn a blind eye for a bit. Many landlords aren't so understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Pat I was amazed at his response.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. sounds like if you and the cat behave all will be good. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne, one big sigh of relief.
      Have a good weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. That's awesome news! Pays to be honest. Now Tennessee can come inside for short visits and you won't have to worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure made my day Alex.

      Enjoy the weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Today I got to witness a little kindness and honesty. A man trotted back in having just left a thrift store - "I forgot to take this shirt off and pay for it!"
    The clerk thanked him for his honesty, and said, "Sir, that shirt looks good on you - you have it no charge for your honesty."

    It was a great thing to witness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen for your uplifting comment. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete