Friday 22 June 2018

WINDING DOWN THE WEEK:

WINDING DOWN THE WEEK:
We've now come to Friday,
The last day of the working week.
Let worries and cares be forgotten.
As happiness this weekend you seek.
 
Our weather here is forecast,
For several more sunny days.
I'll let the sunshine into my heart.
Being miserable dosen't pay.
 
The birds awaken so early now.
Around 4am each morn.
Disturbing my "Beauty Sleep"
Feeling glad that I was born.
 
My problems I've put behind me,
Mainly family problems I declare.
Let them worry about them,
It's Friday.....and I don't care.
 
Once again have a good Friday,
Whatever situation you're in.
Put your worries if any behind you,
Throw them in the trash bin. 

Yvonne Lewis 22/06/2018
 

8 comments:

  1. It's Friday and I don't care either - good for you!!! No worries. Just watch World Cup. Can England keep going? good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watch the World Cup if England is playing. I hope they do well. I recall 1966 when they won. Gosh that's showing my age.....lol

      Enjoy the weekend Joanne.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Just enjoy the sunshine. Fortunately we just passed the longest day of the year so the birds will gradually wake up later now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that good bit of information Alex.
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Greetings Yvonne. It's sunrise about four here, so I hear the birds chirping away early. I'm usually up early anyway. Glad we're going to get lots of sunny weather. Enjoy your walks on the beach. I'm staying in today, borrowed my ex my car for a few days. It's my 50th tomorrow, going for a meal with family and friends. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Andrew and have a wonderful day with family and friends. A milestone Birthday I see, passed that one many years ago........to many.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. A lovely poem of encouragement, Yvonne. Sunny and hot here, still. A chance for rain tonight. We'll see. Worrying seldom solves a problem, so I've learned to have patience (sometimes) and see what happens. Have a restful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After yesterday's fiasco will certainly relax over this weekend Beverly.
      Enjoy your weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete