Thursday 19 July 2018

PUTTING THINGS RIGHT:

PUTTING THINGS RIGHT:

I've been off line for a few days,
Here's the reason why.
Another problem arose Monday evening,
How I heaved one long sigh.

My land line phone was out of order,
Couldn't get calls in or out.
If it wasn't fixed quickly.
Real issues could result without a doubt.

You see the router box is also connected,
To my laptop and TV.
Also a medical button I wear around my neck,
In cases of emergencies.

I got intouch with the appropriate people,
Who said "Monday an engineer would call."
But that was almost a week away.
I  didn't intend to wait at all.

I briefly explained of my medic alert,
That was a different story.
They found two faults out of town,
And an engineer arrived yesterday in glory.

He also found two line faults,
Situated in the street opposite to me.
He promptly fixed those in no time.
Making a happier me.

I believe in  putting things right,
Whether with issues with phones and such.
But when it comes to my wonderful family.
I'm still not getting much luck.

Yvonne Lewis 19/07/2018:
 

 

16 comments:

  1. Right is the way. Great that the phone lines got fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure my phones lines got fixed as my medic alarm is connected to the phone.
      Have a good day Pat.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. glad they understood the emergency nature for you and fixed things up. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad also Joanne. Thanks for the visit.
      Enjoy your day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Whew. Glad they got the phone line fixed.
    I hope today is filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have had a productive day. went for a walk around the block a 6am, went to the shops at 7am, came home and did my laundry. Thanks for coming by Sandra.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. You certainly have had more than your share of trouble lately. I'm thankful they have your phone and other problems fixed and send good thoughts that you can relax now and not worry. Prayers for you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly my laptop is at the repair shop. Feels lost without it
      Hopefully will be back on Monday.
      Never rain unless it pours as they say.

      Delete
  5. Thank you Beverly, it's good to have friends alneit the other side of "The Pond". Thanks also for your prayers.
    Enjoy your Friday.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your medical alert, they should've been out there immediately. At least they didn't wait a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that to be thankful for Diane. Thanks for your comment, much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. It can be so frustrating getting technicians to make a house call. I'm glad they understood it wasn't a casual need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn;t stop there Susan read my next post.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. Seems like my past week has been similar in some ways to my own. I guess every day is a do-over or the start of something new.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Arlee. Thanks for coming by much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete