Monday 20 August 2018

AS A NEW WEEK BEGINS:

AS A NEW WEEK BEGINS:
 
Monday approached with my daily stroll.
Actually a nip in the late August air,
People going about getting to work,
Seemingly without a care.
 
But I wondered underneath their calm exterior,
What sort of problems they possess.
Very though provoking as I walked along.
To you I must confess.
 
Some folk are good at hiding life's cares,
Wish I could be the same.
Somes cares are more serious than others,
Life to me is certainly not a game.
 
But it's the start of a new week,
Full of renewal of hope.
I am determined to win this battle,
And will be able to cope.
 
May for you this new week.
Bring renewed happiness into your life.
Should things have been going a bit haywire for you.
May gone be all tears and strife..
 
Yvonne Lewis 20/08/2018

14 comments:

  1. I too was out early for a walk despite the drizzle in the air. I find walking a great calmer. I hope your week is a positive one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the early morning walks, Hope your week is happy Suzanne.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Hopefully the haywire passes us all by this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is true - everyone has a problem of some sort, but we all have to carry on.
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your most welcomed comment Joanne.
      Enjoy the week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Walking is part of my mental health routine, which I've not done as regularly lately. Today I get back into it! And yes, I know what you mean about going around and hiding things inside. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking is a good excerise for mind and body so they say Natalie. Hope it helps you. You also have a good week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of starting every week fresh.
    And you're right we don't know what problems people are facing behind smiles and calm exteriors.
    Have a great one, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always start the week with good intentions but somewhere between Monday to Friday things go wrong and need the weekend to relax.
      Thanks for the visit Sandra.
      Y6vonne.

      Delete
  6. I didn't much like Mondays when I was still in school. Now I don't mind. Like you say it's a new beginning. Hang in there. You'll be fine.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee for your very supportive comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Here's to a new week filled with joy and happiness and good things for you, Yvonne. You've probably heard the saying, "Smile and the world smiles with you. Frown and you frown alone. I can see your lovely smile now. We've had a lovely cool day today, as well. Enjoying it because by Wednesday the temperatures are supposed to be in the 100s. A day to stay indoors. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverly, I don't envy your impending hot weather, thanks for the lovely comment and reminding me of that great saying. So very true,

      Yvonne.

      Delete