Saturday 11 August 2018

YESTERDAY'S EVENTS:

YESTERDAY'S EVENTS:
My day began at 6am,
I proceeded to go for a stroll.
For it was so very warm.
I needed some air that was cool.
 
Walking around the block,
Forgetting for a while heartache and pain.
I suddenly came to my senses,
It began to pour with rain.
 
No coat or indeed an umbrella.
I of course got soaking wet.
But it was lovely to feel the wetness,
A feeling I will never forget.
 
Well it continued to pour all morning.
Me thinking of an appointment that afternnon.
Having a quick lunchtime  snack,
It will be here soon.

I was going to the hairdressers,
To cover  up grey unwanted hair.
Also have it cut,
These past weeks I haven't cared.

I emerged feeling a new woman.
Still raining but what the heck.?
Hair coloured and cut to perfection.
No longer around my neck.

Do have a wonderful weekend.
Whatever plans you have in mind.
The weather is back to the sunshine.
But whatever the weather....I feel fine.

Yvonne Lewis 11/08/2018
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Great when that feeling of anew gets brought forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it while it last. Thanks Pat.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes we just need a good, natural rain to rinse away the grime in us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very true Alex. Thanks for coming by and enjoy your weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I emerged feeling a new woman.
    Still raining but what the heck.?

    It needs a right catalyst and it will work eventually, Yvonne! Yes!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you had a good day. A nice haircut and coloring does a lot for a girl's emotions. Hope your new week is as nice as today was. Wish you could send some rain our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the excessive heat the rain is most welcome. I think the UK is back to it's usual temperatures once again.
      Many thanks Beverly.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. There's nothing like a trip to the stylist to perk us up, is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I wholeheartedly agree with Sandra.

      Yvonne.

      Delete