Tuesday 11 September 2018

A DAY TO REMEMBER:

 A DAY TO REMEMBER:
Another 9-11 has arrived.
A date one can't forget.
The day the world for America.
Openly wept.

The scenes of the unfolding horror,
On our TV screens.
So many people perished that day.
Ending many dreams.

I sat there with tears in my eys.
As the picures I did see.
For the date albeit three years previous,
Was very evident to me.

That day 9-11 in 1998,
My dear husband passed away.
Yes  today bring back memories,
What more can I say.
NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN:

Yvonne Lewis 11/09/2018:

16 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers with you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Alex, very comforting to know.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. no doubt a challenging poem to write, but well done. Have good memories of your husband. And we honor those souls in NYC. What a day indeed. Never forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, whilst in NYC some years ago I visited "Ground Zero". I felt very humbled to be there sharing the date although not the year with so many, many people.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. 9/11 was certainly a turning point of sorts for America and a day that stunned us all. You have that extra burden for that day which makes it all the more sad for you. Some memories never die nor should they.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Arlee for your most comforting comment. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. That date holds an extra heavy load for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does Diane. Thanks for your visit and comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for remembering our loss.
    Hugs for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comment,much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. My prayers are with you, Yvonne. I understand. Lately, I've been weepy, so many sad memories with new ones too. I don't understand why things happen. Someday perhaps I will. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly just found your comment, I'm very concerned as my son in Spain is NOT yet having his Chemo.

      Yvonne.

      Delete