Tuesday 25 September 2018

A HALLOWEEN TRIP OF YEARS AGO: (TUESDAY SPECIAL)

I wrote this poems years ago
when I had another blog.
It turned up the other week
with a batch of lost poems.
_________
A HALLOWEEN TRIP OF YEARS AGO:
(TUESDAY SPECIAL)
 
With broomstick spick and span.
Also Spellbound my black cat in tow.
We've already made a whistle stop tour of the UK,
Now I know where I would like to go.
 
To "The Carolinas" in the USA.
I intend to travel next.
To try and locate my blogger buddie,
Whose name is of course Alex.
 
I know not what he looks like.
As he prefers  to be incognito.
It is a blogger's perogative
Not to show a photo.
 
Across the Atlantic we do fly,
Spellbound's eyes shinning with delight.
His first trip abroad.
For us both an awesome sight.
 
At last we reached "The Carolina's'"
Much Halloween celebrations taking place.
I wonder where dear Alex resides.
But as already mentioned don't know his face.
 
He is an author of renown.
A series of "Cassa Books" under his belt.
Top seller on Amazon,
How proud he must have felt.

 
Should I hear a guitar strumming,
Then that could be Alex playing.
For I know that's how he enjoys to relax,
After a hard days' blogging.
 
We look down at the children
Doing their Trick and Treating.
Spellbound's getting excited,
Some of those goodies he'd like to be eating.
 
Then I hear a guitar in the distance,
Broomstick accelerating to the door.
I ring the bell, hearing footsteps on the floor,
If it is Alex who answers,
 
Does he know what he's letting himself in for?
 
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2008:
(25/09/2018)


12 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I'd be in for a visit with a very good friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, hope I didn't offend you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Fun poem! Yeah, I don't think any of us know it was Alex even if we were talking to him face to face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow those guitar string plucks

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was delightful. I bet you'd surprise each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliament Diane, Much appreciated.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun poem. I love it. Thanks for making me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly hope all is well with you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete