Thursday 6 September 2018

AUTUMN THURSDAY:


AUTUMN THURSDAY:
As I stepped out on this autumn Thursday,
Much cooler air greeted my face.
As I walked along the familiar street,
Feeling part of the human race.

The  market stalls being erected,
In readiness for the coming crowds.
Although the holidaymakers are dwindling.
Many locals still come around.

Many good mornings were said
As I proceeded on my way.
Looking forward to having my breakfast,
I would like to say.

Tennessee again was waiting
When to my apartment I returned.
He appears to get here earlier these day.
Perhaps his breaksfaast also he yearns.

Giving him a cuddle,
I ate and had a coffee.
Thinking what lay ahead today,
Wondering who I will see.

May your Thursday be harmonious,
Whatever you may do.
Although we're different time zones.
I'll be thinking of you.

Yvonne Lewis 06/09/2018;
 

10 comments:

  1. Good morning. Had another 2 inches of rain yesterday, more today. TX is very humid - like walking through water even when not raining. I'm ready for some crisp air. Have a good Thursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nice weather when it's humid akthough the rain is wonderful after all that sun and heat.
      Enjoy your day and thanks for coming by Joanne.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. One holiday season ends and another one begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's life I guess Alex.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Sure not autumn here, still hot I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Tennessee waits to greet you. Cats are so sweet. My Patches is sitting in my lap now and Tiger is somewhere asleep. We've had lovely rain most of the day that we really needed. It's made me lazy so I took a nap too. Have a lovely weekend. Enjoy the great outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly hope your nap did you good.

      Yvonne.

      Delete