Thursday 18 October 2018

THE PRIDE OF A MOTHER:

 THE PRIDE OF A MOTHER:

Today son you take your last journey,
To your final resting place.
Although I couldn't be there I'm there in spirit
As tears run down my face.

How well I remember "Bonanza Square"
That is pictured below.
,


 How often I'd visit you there
Just to say "Hello".

Then I remembered your wedding day,
A wonderful day with pride... I wanted to shout.
 How you walked me down the aisle
To my seat, a wonderful guesture  without doubt.

My thoughts go back even futher
To your pro. footballer's days.
A fine talented player.
Many people singing your praise.

Below is a picture of where you did reside.
Many a wonderful time there I had.
There was one person absent always
Your dear dad.

When I feel better also our weather,
I plan to visit Spain.
To say a final "Goodbye" to you.
For a while we'll be together again.

R.I.P

14 comments:

  1. John would be very touched by your words today. My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, lovely of you to say so.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. A lovely heartfelt poem Yvonne - take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigermouse, I do appreciate your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A wonderful, heartfelt tribute indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute to your son.
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks I do appreciate your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Lovely salute to your late son. I truly hope you can trek to Spain someday and have a chance to reflect and celebrate his life. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne for a lovely comment.....such a loss.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful, Yvonne. You bring tears to my eyes. When you visit Spain again, that will be a wonderful day. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly, you always have the right words.

      Yvonne.

      Delete