Thursday 21 December 2017

THE GIFT:

As Christmas approaching I write of 
something money can't buy:
THE GIFT:
My mother once gave me a gift
That I've always treasured.
She always taught me right from wrong
Thrown in for good measure.
 
My mother was a wonderful mum,
My dad unknown to me.
For sadly he passed away
When I was only three.
 
My mother had a hard life.
But was never short of love.
Always there in times of need,
As sure as there's stars above.
 
The gift my mother gave me,
Was the gift of life.
On the whole I'm having a great time,
Albeit times of strife.
 
In turn I have given my own three
That same wonderful gift.
Although they didn't ask to be born,
I ask "Please Treasure It".
 
Life's not about bearing grudges,
It's about helping one another.
Oh ! and by the way dears,
Whatever happens in your life,
YOU ONLY HAVE ONE MOTHER:
 
Taken from my fourth book
STAND BESIDE ME DANNY BOY:
Copyrights and all rights reserved.
Yvonne Lewis 2016

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. We all have that gift of 'life', and mothers are indeed a blessing. A well written piece. A good read.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, we mothers give the gift of life but it's up to their offsprings how that life is used.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Life is precious - without it, we'd have little else. At least here on Earth.
    Have a blessed Christmas, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is certainly precious Alex I agree.
      Thanks for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. The gift of life is what all mothers give indeed, have to remember that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my three have forgotten that Pat.
      Thanks for coming over.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like your mom was a wonderful lady who loved you very much.
    Merry Christmas, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne one of the best.
      Have a wonderful Christmas.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. poignant poem for Christmas time

    ReplyDelete