Thursday 8 February 2018

MARKET DAY HERE IN BOSCOMBE:

MARKET DAY HERE IN BOSCOMBE:
 
It's Thursday so it's market day,
Here in Boscombe Town.
It's been going for many a year,
In fact it's quite renown.
 
Although it's extremely cold,
I will go to get some fresh air.
To get out from my apartment for a while,
To forget problems and many cares.
 
I need a new umbrella,
As the past rain mine has given up.
Also I will go for a coffee,
Where cheerfully I will sup.
 
Usually it's the same people,
Who congregate week after week.
With their eyes on the bargains,
Also old and new friends they do seek.
 
Of course the holiday season,
One see many a new face.
I hope attending  Boscombe Market,
From their minds  won't be erased.
 
Have a wonderful Thursday buddies,
Here and across The Big Pond.
I look forward to your comments.
Of which over the years I've become so fond.

Yvonne Lewis 08 /02 /2018:
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. I enjoyed reading your well-written, poetic-piece. We have a permanent market here in Chester, just next to the Town Hall. Hope you find what you are looking for? Blessings to you. Have a nice Thursday yourself. Enjoy the fresh air and exchanging pleasantries.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been and returned from the market Andrew, It decidedly was freezing cold. Got more fresh air than I anticipated.
      Have a good day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Hope a grand time is had even if it's cold out a tad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd enjoy a stroll through your market and a sit down for a cup of tea (plus throw in a biscuit, please). Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy shopping, chat with some people, and don't forget to get an umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the above accomplished Alex thanks.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. It is enjoyable strolling round a market. Hope you warmed up with a coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne my it certainly was cold but most enjoyable had a lovely coffee .
      Thanks for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Hank sees such markets to be offering great bargains, do they in Boscombe?

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds as though you had a lovely day. Getting out for a while, a change of scenery is good for a girl. Glad you enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly, yes I enjoyed the day but got extremely cold but worth it.

      Yvonne.

      Delete