Sunday 18 March 2018

WHEN MOTHER NATURE RETURNED TO SLEEP:

WHEN MOTHER NATURE RETURNED TO SLEEP:
 
I awoken yesterday, likewise today,
Looked out of my window to have a peep,
Found to my amazement,
Mother Nature had returned to sleep.
 
For outside looked like a Christmas scene,
Snow covered the ground.
As each snowflake fell to earth.
Making not one solitary sound.
 
I went to my front door.
Smuggled Tennessee into my home.
He was very wet and cold.
So food I found him some.
 
He laid infront of my fire,
Purring with delight.
There he remained for a few hours,
Until people came into sight.
 
I then had to let him out,
Into the freezing cold.
Where he continued "His Rounds"
"Be A Good Boy" him I told.

Friday was hot and sunny,
Our temperatures are now below zero.
Where O where is Mother Nature,?
Is what I would like to know.

Yvonne Lewis 18 /03 /2018
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like our weather. It was warm yesterday but we might get snow again in a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Diane, yes the weather is so changeable.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. temps sure like to flip and flop this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this:)
    You and Tennessee do a good job of taking care of each other.
    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March is crazy everywhere. We're on a warm streak, but I bet one more cool blast shall hit. My dad in PA was expecting colder than normal temps and a chance of snow. Stay well and warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s stopped snowing but extremely cold. Will try to keep warm.
      Thanks.

      Delete
  5. You are an angel for giving Tennessee shelter. I know he appreciates your love and kindness. Hope he found a warm place to stay until the weather warms up. Yeah, our days have been warm then cold. Can't make up its mind. Today is sunny but very windy. Will have to put rocks in my pocket to keep from blowing away when I take my walk. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Beverly, will be glad when the Spring weather is officially here.

      Yvonne.

      Delete