Friday 27 April 2018

A GLIMMER OF LIGHT:

 A GLIMMER OF LIGHT:

Yesterday alone in my solitude.
I saw a glimmer of light.
It brought tears of happiness,
As it came into sight.

It was via a text message,
That appeared on my phone.
It meant someone had thought of me,
Perhaps I'm not so alone.

It was from my son in Spain.
Asking "How Are You ?"
Informing me he was ok.
Comforting words albeit only a few.
 
It's been quite a while
That I'd last heard from him.
My messages gone unansered.
Chances of contact appeared slim.
 
I hope this can be a beginning
Of rejoining the world so wide.
For a few minutes yesterday.
My happiness I could not hide.
 
Yvonne Lewis 27/04/2018:
 
 

 

14 comments:

  1. Hopefully it is the beginning indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Yvonne. A well written poetic-piece that I enjoyed reading. I'm so glad your Son got in-touch, albeit a few words. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew for your great comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. excellent. That was sweet and glad he's doing okay too. Stay perky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne I'm pleased he;s ok as the other two have health problems and I don't know how they're doing.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. So happy for you Yvonne! Little things lead to bigger things coming your way. Have a great weekend!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Hank you are right with what you wrote.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful news, Yvonne. Your son took the first step. Perhaps he now realizes how precious you are and your relationship will grow closer each day with more happy messages going both ways. So excited for you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Beverly, I replied but have heard nothing back.
      Must sit back and wait.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Glad you got that text. I'm happy for you.
    Wishing you a day filled with all good things.

    ReplyDelete