Sunday 6 May 2018

IT'S SUNDAY:


IT'S SUNDAY:
Here in the UK,
It's a Public Holiday weekend.
The temperature is at the highest,
As good wishes to you I send.

They forecast a scorcher,
Today and tomorrow too.
Hope it's just as lovely
For you my friends so true.

With many people off to church,
As I hear the bells ringing.
Beckoning to praise The Lord.
To pray and hymns a singing.

Tennessee has had his meal,
Off he goes for another day.
I hope to take in some of the sunshine,
Despite the troubles in the area , my way.

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Let peace reign supreme.
May all your problems....if any
Be small and not as bad as they may seem.

Yvonne Lewis 06/05/2018:



12 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A pleasant poetic-piece that I enjoyed reading. Nicely structured with good rhymes. I'm taking Sadie for a walk later across town to tend to my Mother's garden, so I'll get plenty of sun! Thank you for your well wishes, they are warmly received. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew, have a good day with Sadie and your mum.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Small many can be, just have to look at them after taking a step back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite the heat, enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the police have captured the offenders. It's terrible to not feel safe where you live. Hope you get some sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a pleasant atmosphere here amid the blazing sunshine.
      Thank you Susan for your comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Lovely sunshine today, hope you managed to get out and enjoy some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went out for a while Suzanne.....suppose to be another good day tomorrow. Enjoy yourself.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Hope you had a great day, Yvonne. It's just starting to get warm here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Natalie had a good day, very hot here.

      Yvonne.

      Delete