Friday 15 June 2018

AS ANOTHER WEEK CLOSES:

AS ANOTHER WEEK CLOSES:
 
As another week is drawing to a close,
I hope yours was good for you.
Here the holiday season is in full swing.
Visitors quite a few.
 
Another sunny day ahead,
Windows open day and night.
For us it's very, very hot.
As summer reaches it's height.
 
Sleep do not come easily,
Tossing and turning in bed.
Thinking to myself I recall.
Will Tennessee still come to be fed. ?

Shopping needs to be done today,
So early I will go.
Before the heat reaches it's peak.
Also other shoppers in full flow.

Enjoy your Friday my dear friends.
As the week-end draws neigh.
When you can take a deep breath and relax,
As the peaceful waters flows by.

Yvonne Lewis 15/06/2018:
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A well-written piece that I enjoyed reading. Good to get your shopping done early while it's still relatively cool. I'm sure Tennessee will be back? I'm taking my Mother out at ten. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great day with your mother Andrew. I'm sure she appreciates it.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Beat the heat is the way to be and then enjoy the weekend that comes to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shopping already done Pat.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. nice fun friday poem. Enjoy your weekend. I'm ready for anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Joanne...enjoy yourself.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. The heat has definitely hit here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I bet Alex, it's hotter where you are than here in the UK. Have a good weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. A great picture. It's hot here and dry. We need some rain. I plan to go shopping tomorrow then settle into the nice cool house. Have a restful weekend. I bet Tennessee will show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Beverly rain is needed and perhaps today will get some.
      Have a restful weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete