Wednesday 20 June 2018

ROOM WITH A VIEW:

ROOM WITH A VIEW:
After Tennessee demolished his food,
I happened to take a glance.
He was sat on my window sill.
witnessing the world by chance.
 
He saw the other neighbourhood cats,
Roaming the sunny street.
Watching the coming and going of people,
In their cars they took their seat.
 
I however saw more than he,
From the windows of the world.
Many people not so fortunate,
As another Wednesday unfurled.
 
Many who desperately need rain,
In some far off land.
Other's who need a hug,
Also a kind helping hand.
 
It's surprising what one can conjure up
As from the window I too surveyed the scene.
I counted my many blessings
Not wishing for "What Might Have Been".
 
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY:

Yvonne Lewis 20/06/2018:

 
 

16 comments:

  1. Many sure are in need indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are Pat. Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'd say you both have a good view

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, lovely to see you back.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Bryan, much appreciated.
      Yes, it is a lovely picture.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. An adorable picture, Yvonne. I often wonder what cats are thinking when they are so still and just watch the world go by. Even we humans can see a lot when we look out the window. As you mention, some are in need. I count my blessings every day and try to help whenever I can. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, it's easy to forget what's going on in the world and what blessings we have.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Greetings Yvonne. I'm so glad you have Tennessee in your life to share his company from time to time. Sadie is fond of looking out of the windows looking for cats to bark at! I've got puffs under all my windows so she can look out at will. Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks Andrew. Much appreciated.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I however saw more than he,
    From the windows of the world.
    Many people not so fortunate,
    As another Wednesday unfurled

    It is a measure of contending for the truth as a savior of the day!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Hank for coming by, much appreciated,

      Yvonne.

      Delete