Tuesday 20 August 2019

MEMORIES

MEMORIES:
 
This coming week is full of memories,
Will relate more as the week progresses.
No time for tears and fears.
Thinking that life is full of messes.
 
I shall recalling this week.
The best way that I can.
Listening to Danny Boy.
My, he's a wonderful man.
 
Hopefully the weather will be grand,
So I can visit my beloved beach.
I always feel so at peace there.
All troubles out of reach.
 
So as I remember many things
As each day does past.
I am grateful for my memories.
That will for me last.
 
Yvonne Lewis: 20/08/2019

12 comments:

  1. Memories - good, bad, sad, or wonderful - paint the picture of your life. Good to put into poems and a book. Have a good Tuesday. Wish I could wander down to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the songs say "Memories Are Made Of This". I'll take a wander to the beach for you Joanne. Have a lovely day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Lovely prose.
    The ocean does indeed bring peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Living here is wonderful for the beach and peace.
      Thanks for the visit Sandra.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. l always enjoyed spending time by the ocean when we lived by one. Especially at sunsets! Memories are good to have, even like Joanne said, the bad ones but they too do paint the pictures of our lives. I'm thinking those that have lost their memory because of older age or diseases wish they had their memories back even the tough ones. May it be a kind week for you Yvonne.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to keep my mind and brain active to combat dementia....which at my age is most common.
      We have to have bad memories in life to appreciate the good.
      Thanks for coming by Betty always a pleasure to hear from you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Memories are treasures to hold in our hearts. Enjoy your week of memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness for memories, Yvonne, even if they are bittersweet at times. I hope that you are making progress with the poems for your son's book, even if it is just a line a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each day create's new memories....some good others not. Thanks for your comment Fundy Blue.

      Yvonne.

      Delete