Thursday 22 August 2019

MY WEEKEND MEMORIES (24TH AUGUST)

 MY WEEKEND MEMORIES (24TH AUG)
On Saturday are important two memories in my life.
That time cannot take away,
It would have been my wedding anniversary,
Such  a wonderful day.

We were wed in 1963 in the middle 
Of "The Swinging Sixties"
It was a wonderful time in my life.
Such fun and laughter had me in stitches.

I lost my voice at the altar,
The only time Iv'e been lost for words.
I recall at the time.
Thinking "How Totally Totally, Absurd".

It was a lovely day,
A memory I sincerely treasure.
With the love of a good man
Thrown in for good measure.
The other important memory that day,
My Mother's birthday.
We decided to get wed on that date.
To make it for her a "Special Day".

She was a wonderful mother,
Widowed when I was only three.
She was always there comewhat may,
For the likes of my brother and me.

I have so many birthday memories
My mother spent over the years.
But her birthday on my wedding day,
Was certainly a day of good cheer.




Yvonne Lewis:21/08/2019:

12 comments:

  1. It will always be a special day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Yvonne,and such great memories! That was neat that you chose to get married on your mom's birthday! My husband and me got married on his parents' anniversary and then son and DIL got married on the same day too! Wonderful memories to remember in the days ahead for you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always had mum to stay with us on her birthday when we moved to the coast. Great memories. You certainly have some wonderful memories in your family also Betty.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Loved your poem and your wedding day memories. Speechless? I understand that! Glad you have such lovely memories to help you find joy and peace.
    JQ Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by and pleased to meet you.
      Your comment was most welcomed and much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Very special day and lovely tribute poem and pics. Very nice! Enjoy your Saturday and reflect on the good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, life is a far cry from what it used to be like but it's times like this I appreciate those times gone past and hope for the future.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful bride and handsome groom. A day to always remember. And your mother's birthday makes it extra special. Thank you for sharing your special moments with us, Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Bevely for reading and commenting. Much appreciated,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. This is why I go back and catch up, Yvonne! I would have hated to miss this post. What a lovely wedding photo of you and your husband! You were very thoughtful to celebrate your wedding on your mother's birthday. It just boggles my mind how quickly the years go by. Terry and I are going to a wedding Colorado Springs on Sunday this Labor Day weekend. It happens to be our 35th Anniversary as well ~ purely coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful comment Fundy Blue, I do so appreciate your visits.

      Yvonne.

      Delete