Thursday 12 September 2019

OLIVE BRANCH IN BLOOM AGAIN:

OLIVE BRANCH IN BLOOM AGAIN:
 
You may recall I wrote last week
The poem I sent to my daughter -in-law.
I didn't get an answer,
As you may well recall.
 
Well Yesterday I had a reply,
On a sad day for me.
It was the passing of my husband 21yrs ago.
How her reply cheered me.
 
All is well again I'm pleased to relate,
My olive branch is in bloom.
From here in the Uk to Spain.
No more doom and gloom.
 
I also had a letter from my son
Here in the UK.
It really brought happy tears to my eyes.
That I can honestly say.
 
Do have a wonderful Thursday.
The sun is beginning to shine.
For I feel at peace with the world.
Happiness at present is mine.
 
Yvonne Lewis: 12/09/2019:
 

10 comments:

  1. wow - that's good news. Now, take it slow...don't rush things. But I hope this is just part of the new you life. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take your advice Joanne.... one step at a time. Thanks. much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I'm thrilled for you, Yvonne. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to ear this Yvonne! I'm glad you got both of these letters on a day that was hard for you. I'm sure it was comforting in its own way and I'm glad the olive branch is out there and your DIL graciously accepted it!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great recieving those letters yesterday I must admit. Hopefully before winter sets in will be able to get to Spain and say my goodbyes to a much loved son.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I am so happy to hear your great news, Yvonne. Sometimes it takes a while for family to realize our precious a family is. Here's to smooth sailing from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, it's extremely hot here today , it was lovely to hear from my son here in the UK and Kelly in Spain.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. This post warms my heart and gives me hope, Yvonne! I'm so glad that your olive branch was accepted! May this be the beginning of deep connections and healing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise, at least I know I am welcomed in Spain when I feel up to going.

      Yvonne.

      Delete