Tuesday 18 February 2020

WITH SPRING IN MIND.........THE RE-AWAKENING:

Looking ahead to better weather:
 
WITH SPRING IN MIND.....
THE RE-AWAKENING:
 
Nature is re-awakening after winter's gloom and doom.
The flowers in the garden are beginning to bloom.
Squirrels are jumping from tree to tree.
Baby lambs are in the fields for all to see.
 
Lovers walk hand in hand in a world of their own.
Also baby birds from their nest have finally flown.
The scattered April showers that do come our way.
Is making way for the sunshine in May.
 
This is a wonderful time of the year,
When skies at night are wonderfully clear.
I wouldn't miss this time of year for anything,
The time of Mother Nature's re-awakening.
 
(as I write very windy and rain)
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 2011
From the book 
"WRITTEN FROM THE HEART"

12 comments:

  1. you are spring dreaming. We still have to make it through Feb and it has an extra day. Then March tends to be tricky. But we can hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne Spring Dreaming I may be.
      How I long for the sun,
      This wind and rain to me is a pain.
      Knowing today I won't be speaking to anyone.

      Thanks for coming by, much appreciated.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. That wind and rain will give way to sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will Alex it's just that all this rain is keeping me indoors. Thanks for your coming by. Much appreciated.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. It will be re-awakening so very soon! Already saw some new buds on the trees here!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Betty not long now for Spring. How lovely for you to see the buds on the trees.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What an adorable picture. You make me long for spring even more. I'm tired of cold wind and not able to go outside and enjoy my walk. Looking forward to the scene you describe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words Beverly, always chherr s me up.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. I'm spring dreaming, too, Yvonne. We've had a lot of snow. Mounds of it are piled up everywhere. On the plus side, the days are are getting noticeably longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too long now before Mother Nature re-awakens Louise. A most welcomed sight.

      Yvonne.

      Delete