Saturday 30 May 2020

THE BEGINNING AND THE END OF DAY:

As life is all up in the air at present
I was thinking of calling blogging a day:
But I would only be depriving myself
of something I enjoy:
THE BEGINNING AND END OF DAY:
When I awaken in the moring
To a beautiful sunrise.
I wonder what life has in store for me
As I gently rub my eyes.

Will it be today my specail
Dreams come true?
Or do I have to wait another day,
Smile and muddle through.

You see I have some dreams,
Some large, others small.
I don't want to go through life
Banging my head against a brick wall.

I know with motivation and tenacity,
I'll get there in the end.
For the unexpected is always there
Awaiting around the bend.

I've already achieved some goals,
A big turning point I may say.
So I'll put a smile on my face
To welcome the new day.

When the day is over,
My blessings I will count.
"Today's Gratiude Buys You Tomorrows Happiness"
That's what life is all about.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis: 2011:
from the book
Written From The Heart.

8 comments:

  1. What an inspirational post today, Yvonne. Thank you for starting my day with such lovely thoughts. May all your dreams, big or small, come true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for your kind words. I only have two dreams at present.
      Enjoy your weekend and stay safe and well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. "Today's Gratitude Buys You
    Tomorrows Happiness"
    That's what life is all about.

    Very beautiful lines Yvonne! Very strong words and very wise words.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hank lovely comment which cheered me on this lonely Saturday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. It is always good to count one's blessings at the end of the day and be grateful for all we have!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Betty even at times like we're going through there are still blessings.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. I am at the end of the day here in Colorado, Yvonne. This is a lovely, inspirational post to read. I'm grateful for my blogging friends tonight, especially when I've been so erratic on line lately. It's good to know I have blogging friends I can visit to lift me up. I'm glad to know that you have dreams big and small. I have dreams too ~ They're part of what keeps me going. May you wake up to a beautiful, happy day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too find that my blogging friends are an inspiration to me in these strange times Louise.
      Stay safe and healthy.

      Yvonne.

      Delete