Friday 10 July 2020

HAPPY FEET:

The continuing tales of getting
back to some normality:
HAPPY FEET:
 
Thursday dawned very cloudy,
But there was hope in my heart.
After all the boring  chores done.
It was time to make a start.
 
I washed my hands and put mask on,
Trainers and coat too.
Made my way to the front door.
Eager to survey the view.
 
There were a few kitties out there,
Food they wanted no doubt.
Making my way to the end of the street,
Still not a soul about.
 
I then turned the corner,
Walked a little further than yesterday.
My feet were feeling happy,
So I extended my walk ....way hey!
 
I ended up walking around the block.
I did see a few people.....no masks.
It appears they are ignoring  advice.
Is it to hard for them I ask?
 
I walked for at least twenty minutes,
My happy feet feeling weary.
Had a much needed coffee.
But felt elated,not at all teary.
 
Although the weather was cloudy.
For me the blue sky shone from above.
It's good to get out and about again.
Seeing the familiar streets I love.
 
Yvonne Lewis:10/07/2020
 

14 comments:

  1. All the way around the block - good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Alex much appreciated,
      Have a good weekend.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Happy feet! Next thing - kick up those heels. Folks with no mask are just rude. Ugh! Take care and TGIF my friend. Glad you are feeling your oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Joanne, good of you to support me doing this.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Yay! So glad you are getting some fresh air. Makes all the difference doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandra it does make all the difference as you say but am still taking this slowly.

      Have a good weekend and keep well.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Glad you walked further yesterday Yvonne! Here we are told we don't have to wear a mask if we are outside and not by people. Someone running by themselves for exercise with no one in sight can go without a mask, same with walkers.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty, over here we hear confloicting advice about mask wearing but I wear one as I have been indoors for 17 weeks.
      Will see how things go as I do find them uncomfrtable to wear but really wear them for my own peace of mind.

      Enjoy your weekend.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Way Hey, Yvonne. I'm so happy for you. What a wonderful day. As for those people without the masks, that's the reason more people are getting the virus, I imagine. Anyhow, enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Beverly, have been out a few times since writing that poem yet I still get laughed at for wearing a mask.
      Enjoy your weekend and stay safe,

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Woo hoo! Kudos to you for getting out and for wearing a mask, Yvonne! Masks are so political here in the US. I wear mine when I go out. When I see people without masks, it makes me sad to think of others who will become infected, get sick, or tragically die because people won't wear masks. I can only control what I do, and I will do everything I can to protect myself. Don't let people laughing at you psych you out of wearing your mask. I'm sure you want to live and be healthy as much as I do. You can't fix stupid! That's what one of my friends often says. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is much contridiction here about mask wearing, I see many out without them .But they have made them compulsary for entering shops from next week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. Good! I'm glad that shops are requiring masks to enter them. A number of our retailers are making masks compulsory for entering their stores. It will help contain the spread of the virus and allow our economy to recover more quickly. 🍀🤞🍀🥰

      Delete
    3. Our goverment have now made mask conpulsary as from next Friday in shops which is good.

      Yvonne.

      Delete