Sunday 12 July 2020

MY HOPE FOR YOU THIS SUNDAY:

Another poem I wrote years ago:
MY HOPES FOR YOU THIS SUNDAY:
 
I hope this Sunday brings you peace.
On the outside and on the in.
For inner peace is something special
It's a goal everyone can win.
 
Another hope this Sunday is happiness.
May this be in abundance to you.
Going around being unhappy
Will not see you through.
 
Yet another hope this Sunday,
Is that you will be free from pain.
If only for a few hours
Should it return again.
 
I hope that this Sunday,
Laughter comes your way.
Laughter is the best medicine,
I'd rather have laughter any day.
 
At the end of this Sunday.
What I really hope.
Is that you can face the world
And realise in all situations you can cope.
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis: 2014
From the book
Moments Of My Life:
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Alex, much appreciated.
      Hope you're well.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. I hope your Sunday was a peaceful one Yvonne!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Yvonne. Thank you for the encouraging words. They are most welcome. I hope the same for you. That your Sunday has been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly , yes mine was peaceful.
      Take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. "You can cope." Thank you for reinforcing what I keep telling myself, Yvonne. We will get through this! My Sundays are usually busy because I'm preparing for the week. Old habits die hard ~ LOL! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must seem strange not doing the usual things Louise, it takes some getting used to.

      Yvonne.

      Delete