Monday 10 August 2020

HERE'S TO A HAPPY NEW WEEK:

HERE'S TO A HAPPY NEW WEEK:
 
Today Monday has dawned
Another hot new day again.
It's been extremely hot right now.
But during the week it's forecast rain.

Also there will be thunder,
Well I guess that will have to be.
Many people enjoy watching the storms.
But certainly not me.

I hope this new week one and all,
Will be wonderful no less.
Still wearing mask out and about,
Is very hot I confess.

I know they are essential,
Especially in these uncertain times.
But as I thought to myself the other day
At least the hide the "Ageing Lines".

May your week go with a swing,
Whatever the weather may be.
Just a few weeks of summer remain,
And I've yet to visit my sea.

HAPPY NEW WEEK:

Yvonne Lewis: 10/08/2020

 

14 comments:

  1. Hope there are no storms.
    With everyone wearing a mask, we're going to forget what we look like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afraid there is Alex, quite a few we've been told.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are doing well and getting out. And another benefit of wearing masks--no makeup! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, Natalie forgot the make up excuse.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. And a good new week to you. We're hot as I trudge off to work now. At least I get to be in air conditioning. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy day at work Joanne. I have a cool air fan circulating,

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Ha, ha, I love it, Yvonne. The masks hide our aging lines. Never thought of it that way but you are right. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have more now than when the year started Beverly, not surprising with all the trials and tribulations.
      Enjoy your week and take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to cooling off here. We habe had 34 days so far this summer with temps over 110 degrees. Happy 2nd week of August Yvonne!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However do you tolerate such heat Betty? here it is 86 degrees with a promise of thunder.

      Take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Masks do hide a lot of the face.

    We had several big thunderstorms here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear about your thunder storms Diane, hope all is well now.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. I do hope that you get to see your sea soon, Yvonne. Soon the days will be cooler and hopefully the crowds of beach goers will diminish. It's hard for me to think I won't see the ocean this year. Terry and I will have been married thirty-six years come September 1, and this will be the first time we won't see the ocean. The time will come when we can go back. We just have to keep hanging tough! Sending you a big hug, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Louise, hope you have a great anniversary in September something good to look forward to.

      Yvonne.

      Delete