Thursday 1 October 2020

HELLO OCTOBER:


HELLO OCTOBER:

September went by to quickly,

Just like the blink of an eye.

I hope you all had a good month.

As I take in a long big sigh.

 

Today we welcome October,

For me it is with some trepidation,

There are some sad memories looming,

Plus the continued state of the nation.

 

But I know one has to be positive,

And take each day as it arrives.

Being thankful for small mercies,

Under I hope, sunny skies.

 

With Halloween at the end of the month,

A new broomstick I will buy.

So with a borrowed cat from a neighbour.

On Halloween night on it I will fly.

 

HAVE A GOOD OCTOBER:

Yvonne Lewis: 01/10/2020

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Happy October. It's my birthday month, so that's a good thing. This is a fun poem and let's rise above our country's respective nutso stuff. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My late son was an October birthday person, good month.
      Thanks for coming by Joanne you also take care.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. September did fly by! Already people have their houses decorated for Halloween :) Its nice to see pumpkins and scarecrows out as part of their lighting and decorations :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must look good Betty , all the Halloween decorations.
      Take care and have a good month.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Loved this, Yvonne. And what a purrfect picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I certainly will Alex.
      You and family take care.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. "The continued state of the nation." Want to trade ~ LOL! I cannot believe this past week in the US. I have no words. I could use a broomstick too, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets ride our broomsticks together Louise....lol.

      Yvonne.

      Delete