Thursday 20 July 2017

TUESDAY NIGHTS EVENTS:

 TUESDAY NIGHT'S EVENTS:
Tuesday was an extremely hot day,
Cool air fan circulating my room.
Way too hot to venture out.
Hoping it would cool down soon.

I went to bed early ,
As thunderstorms were predicted.
It plays havoc with my Epilepsy,
Hoping to sleep through unaffected.

After a few hours I awoken,
Could see no rain had fell.
What happened to the thunder thought I?
Feeling exremely well.

Then "IT HAPPENED".
Lightning flashed across my face.
I put a mask over my eyes.
So the lightning I could erase.

This went on for quite a few hours,
I had to remove the mask.
To see my way to get a drink,
Seemed an endurable task.

Then I ESPIED IT,
On the facing wall.
A spider large as life.
Making an unwelcomed call

I am not a lover of the creatures,
More gloom and doom.
The nightmare for me was evident,
Thunderstorms and spiders together in my room.

I lay there for what seemed like eternity,
Eyes glued to the wall.
To establish the movements of the spider,
In between the flashes of lighning.....not having a ball.

I lost track of the spider,
As an Epiletic seizure came my way.
Quite an eventful night was Tuesday.
Is what I would like to say.

Copyright Yvonne Lewis 20/07/2017

14 comments:

  1. Sure a night that wants no repeating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! Wow, hope last night was better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, Yvonne. So sorry you had such a rough night.
    Hope today is much, much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza. The spider would have made me crazy. Hope you are okay now and you could remove him. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne I'm okay now.....but still looking for that spider.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. It gives the creeps to be under their close scrutiny! Better not to mess around with them, Yvonne!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like spiders especially in the bedorrom Hank.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. The night, alone, lightning and a spider! Well, they did make a great poem. But, what a nightmare. Better dreams ahead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a night Martin, as you say hopefully better dreams ahead.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. That's a night to forget. That's a scary spider. Lightning flashing outside the windows is scary too. Hope your nights are more gentle from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Beverly for your comment, ye,s a night to forget.

      Yvonne.

      Delete