Saturday 23 June 2018

....AND THE CAT SLEPT THROUGH IT:

..... AND THE CAT SLEPT THROUGH IT:
 
Yesterday started out quite normal,
Whatever normal may be.
Tennessee fell alseep here,
As you can plainly see.
 
Then things changed ,
With a knock on my door.
It was the man downstairs,
On the first floor.
 
He asked if I had a leak anywhere,
I invited him inside.
He had a look around my apartment,
My curiosity I couldn't hide.
 
It appears there was water
Running down the wall.
Just inside the front door of the house,
To be seen by one and all.
 
Water was also near ,
The inside electric light.
I didn't like the look of that,
Such an awful sight.
 
I then went back upstairs,
On opening my cupboard under the sink,
Found it full of water,
I didn't know what to think.
 
I told the man downstairs,
Who promptly came back.
Phoned the landlord.
To help us back on track.
 
Tennessee slep through it all,
It appears I have a leak.
In my kitchen tank under the sink.
Lost for words I could hardly speak.
 
Today the plumber will be out.
I have to remain indoors.
Missing the sunny weather.
And a trip to the nearby shore.
 
HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL:
 
Yvonne Lewis 23/06/2018:

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare situation Yvonne, I hope you get things fixed asap :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not holding my breath Andrew, to get repairs done here it's usually very long winded.
      I can't go out not until someone appears. Still things could be worse.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. Sorry Tigermouse I put someone else's name on the above comment reply. hope all is well with you. anymore trips planned?
      Yvonne.

      Delete
    3. No problem about the wrong name Yvonne :) I've no more immediate trips planned but hoping to be away for the next bank holiday then again for ten days or so in September :)

      Delete
    4. I do feel pleased you are able to get away. I do miss my caravanning days but could only keep going for a year or so after my husband passed away, having to take my cat and involving three trains to get there I found it hard.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Leaks sure are no fun. And a big pain in the butt. Sleeping through it all is a win, for him anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed Pat and I've been told the plumber won't be out until next week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! Good luck on getting that squared away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best to get that fixed though. Guess the cat just wasn't concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I write this it's 16-06pm and as yet no plumber.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. very glad your neighbor caught it before it made too big of a mess. That's very nice of him to help sort it out. Good luck with the plumber. Your cat can inspect the work! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joanne, yes it was good of my neighbour but as for the plummer.......he hasn't shown his face here so can't do anymore until Monday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Tennessee is adorable. Cats are amazing. They can sleep through most anything. I hope your leak is fixed and doesn't leak again. Glad your neighbor was alert and caught it. Sure is messy. Here's to a quieter rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will be quietr Beverly you see The plumber didn't come out yesterday. My neighbour has gone away for the duration of the weekend and I am ignorant about leaks and what can happen.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Greetings Yvonne. A poignant, well-written piece with good rhymes. So sorry you got a leak! Tut. And near electricity too! Hope it gets fixed today. I had a good day Saturday with Family and Friends! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tennessee is a cute cat, thanks for sharing a picture of him. Take good care Yvonne. God Doctor's soon. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew, pleased you had a good birthday.

      Yvonne.

      Delete