Saturday 23 September 2017

MY FRIENDS:

 MY FRIENDS:
As I've wandered down the street,
The neighbourhood cats have gone.
The ones who throughout the summer,
Have given me tremendous fun.

I would stroke and "Speak" to them,
As they would come to me.
Even pick one up now and then,
For all the world to see.

As it's getting progressively colder,
They are staying indoors.
I miss them without question,
When winter arrives.....even more.

My mind fleetingly went back.
When I had a wonderful cat
 

Tabitha was her name.
And a great comfort to me she was that.
 
Although she was diabetic,
Each day needed two insulin shots.
After my hubby passed away she was there,
"Loving" me, that I've never forgot.
 
So as my friends are staying indoors,
I look forward to the spring.
When once again their appearances,
Happiness will bring. 
 
Copyright Yvonne Lewis 23/09/2017:

10 comments:

  1. A heart-warming poetic piece that I enjoyed reading. Sorry for your losses and for missing your furry friends. I have a pet Jack Russel who sees cats all of the time out of my windows - she barks at them. I like seeing the cats roam, they are so clever with having good road sense! I like all creatures and try not to harm any if at all possible!
    Enjoy your Weekend.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Andrew for your most informative comment.
      Enjoy your week-end.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Bet you'll see some them in the windows on your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the cats are smart. Avoid catching a chill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Joanne I guess they are smart.....and warm.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely cat Tabitha was :) A shame the neighbourhood cats have gone for now but hopefully they'll be back before long :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tigermouse Tabitha was a lovely cat so loyal and a real friend. I hope the street cats come out when it gets warmer.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this wonderful poem. A neighbor's cat takes care of mt yard. I reward him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by Martin. I do appreciate it.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete