Thursday 21 June 2018

THE ONE THING YOU CANT' CHANGE:

THE ONE THING YOU CAN'T CHANGE:
 
One may change their lifestyle,
Or perhaps what they eat.
Should they be piling on the pounds,
Rather than admit defeat.
 
One may start excercising,
Good for body and for mind.
Should they start to feel anxious,
It gives one peace of mind.
 
Perhaps one may take up travelling,
Should different places they want to see.
Making new friends along the way.
That my friends was me.
 
Then the inevitable fears arose,
I presume it comes to us all.
When one finds life hard to live.
No longer having a ball.
 
There's nothing one can do,
You feel like a bird in a gilded cage.
The one thing one can't change
That my friends is your age.
 
HAPPY THURSDAY:
 
Yvonne Lewis 21/06/2018:
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Greetings Yvonne. A poignant, well-written poetic-piece with good rhymes. Sorry you are suffering with feeling down and encaged sometimes! I feel for you. When I lived in another town five years ago I felt like you are feeling! Blessings to you. Love love, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Andrew, being alone don't help the feelings.....but I'll get over it.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, age keeps changing in tandem whether one wants it or not. We have to accept it as Maya above said. If we don't we just change our attitude

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I entirely agree Hank although it took time to adjust.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Sure keeps on a going up no matter what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a year and your age will change. Just not the direction you want it to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece.
    Age is like a fine wine:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one way of looking at it Sandra.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  7. Ha, ha. Thanks for the laugh. When I had my latest birthday (and I'm not saying what age) I kept thinking, no, no, this is not possible. Yesterday I was only___and today I am____. Well, the days keep going by, and I finally accept the truth. God has truly blessed me by letting me still hang around. You are right, Yvonne. Some things we cannot change so we accept them. With a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly but who's smiling? I do get concerned with weight loss and being entirely alone *except for my pc) and my blogging buddies.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Yvonne. I understand your concern about being alone. It's not easy, and it's not a laughing matter. It's serious. Hugs.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for your reply Beverly. I can't even get a doctor's visit.
      Yvonne.

      Delete