Monday 24 September 2018

LAST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER:

THE LAST WEEK IN SEPTEMBER:
Well here we are September nearly over,
My, how the time quickly flies by.
I recently heard the song "Forever Autumn"
And tears came to my eyes

.
That was my husbamd's favourite.
The words so poigant I guess.
It did bring back some happy memories,
Amid the tears I do confess.

I hope it's been a good month for you,
Troubles way out of reach.
As you travel along life's journey.
Lesson to be learned and to teach.

Halloween is the next event.
Children all treating and tricking
I guess I sahl;l have to go shopping,
To buy a new broomstick.

Happy new week to you all.
In everything you endevour to do.
Keep wearing that smile on your faces,
Hoping problems and fears are few.

Yvonne Lewis 24/09/2018:

12 comments:

  1. Summer ended in an interesting way around here. Ready for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe summer did end interestingly Alex.
      Enjoy this new week.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. September has zoomed by, that's for sure. And we are caught up on rain in TX - had 5 inches on Saturday. Too much in a short period of time. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will never be satisfied with the weather Joanne.

      Enjoy this new week.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. I still have tears too sometimes when I think of my husband. Can't believe how fast September has flown by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some things one does not get over Natalie.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. Just focus on those happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so very right Diane.

      Enjoy this new week.
      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. A new broomstick would be a neat surprise for trick or treaters at your door. We don't get any visitors out here in the country. Too dark. The memories are priceless.Treasures in our heart. One never forgets. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly for your comment, you're so right about the memories....one never forgets.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Have to keep on as Fall does dawn

    ReplyDelete