Thursday 24 August 2017

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE:

 A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE:
Today is a special day for me.
It's all about the day I got wed.
It was a wonderful day to be sure.
After all is done and said.

My brother walked me down the aisle.
On this sunny day.
The church was packed to capacity,
Oh what a lovely, lovely day.


 We decided to get married on mum's birthday
So it's two celebrations all in one.
I did it as a big thank you.
For her being such a wonderful mum.

Over the years mum spent her birthday with us.
Such wonderful times  I recall.
We took her to so many places.
Yes! life certainly was a ball.

Alas both are not with me.
But going down memory lane has been fun.
To pay tribute to my husband on our anniversry,
Also "Happy Birthday" to my wonderful mum.



16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Good to see you back on line Alex. Thanks for the comment, Yes a very special day.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Special times indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a special day ....but lonesome although the memories made up for that.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  3. A two in one, that's wonderful Yvonne! It was good thinking!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed a good idea at the time Hank but mum passed away only two months before my husband so it's very emotional for me. Thanks for coming by.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely tribute and glorious memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, yes I have wonderful memories.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  5. A special day with special memories, than you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tigermouse for your lovely comment.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  6. Two for one is sure a win. Double the special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a beautiful bride. ...and you made your special day a gift for your mum! You are precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a lovely thing to say Martin, thank you.

      Yvonne.

      Delete
  8. What lovely memories, Yvonne. I bet your mom is smiling at you, your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Beverly for such a lovely comment.

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete